Stay Warm in your Yukon Home
Oklahoma winters are beautiful but can be extremely cold. Surviving the jittery winters is much easier when you are well prepared and take the step to keep your new home warm. Who doesn’t like a warm and cozy home? Here are some ways in which you can keep your home toasty this holiday season:
1. Program your thermostat: If you run the thermostat at the highest settings it can lead to a high gas bill. Programmable thermostats in our new homes make planning energy efficiency a sinch. These thermostats can be programmed to automatically set a temperature based on the time of day. So, when you are stepping out, it can run at a lower setting and when you are back home you crank it up. If you are expecting guests, you can program it to start sufficiently before their expected time of arrival so that your home is warm and comfortable.
2. Use curtains: We often ignore the role our curtains play in keeping the house warm. But believe it or not, using thick and insulated curtains during winters makes a lot of difference. If you are using old curtains, you can consider replacing them with thicker ones. That being said take advantage of the suns warmth during the day and open curtains.
3. Utilize you new gas fireplace: Fireplace serves dual purposes, it makes your home warm and adds a classy look to the place. Your beautiful new fireplace will make the living room comfortable for everyone. With a new, modern gas fireplace you don't have to worry about drafts or cleanup as they are self contained, efficient and clean.
4. Check your windows: When you are looking for a home in the best new neighborhood in Oklahoma you must make sure that the home has fully insulated windows. The new homes in Crestone Riodge and the Villas at Crestone Ridge all have new, energy efficient and insulated windows. Remember to periodically check that all of your windows and doors are properly closed to ensure you aren't letting in a cold draft.
5. Inspect the attic: A properly insulated attic keeps the home warm and heating bills low. If the attic is not insulated, you will have a lot of heat leaking out of your living space. Many homeowners miss this aspect. A new home in Crestone Ridge is properly insulated.
Being mindful of your home and proper energy consumption will give you a comfortable space but will also help you save some money by reducing the heating bill.
If you are planning to buy a new home and need more details about living in Yukon, you can call today at (405) 204-0678, we would love to help you.
News & Articles
Planning for halloween in your new Oklahoma home
Halloween is a great time to get to know your new neighbors and celebrate in your new Oklahoma home. There are many…
New Home Trends in Oklahoma
Looking for the latest trends in home design in Oklahoma? You've come to the right place! Here we'll take a look at some of…
Welcoming your new neighbors
Welcome to the neighborhood! We're glad to have you here. Please make yourself at home and get to know your neighbors. We're…