Spring And Making Your Home Yours
Spring is truly a glorious time. The landscape changes colors and all the sleepy trees and flowers finally start to awaken at the end of the long cold months. Once the weather begins to warm up, most people start focusing on sprucing up their yard spaces and garden, which is essential and quite an ambitious effort too. But, you can make some changes in the interiors of your home, welcome spring as you make your home yours.
How To Welcome Spring In Your Custom Home In Oklahoma City
Here are some ideas from the best custom home builders OKC, to get you started on the right foot:
- Include Bright Colors- Since spring is the time of renewal and rebirth, this is the perfect time to make décor changes that mimic this. Darker colors may seem cozier during the colder months, but it’s a good idea to replace jewel tones, black and brown features with pops of color.
- Place Flowers In All The Rooms- One of the best ways to welcome spring and add a refreshing look to the indoor spaces of your custom home in OKC is to add flowers to your rooms. You can place flowers randomly in vases on sideboards, end tables, entryways and on console tables in hallways. If you like you can create some elaborate flower arrangements and place them in your bedroom, on a study table, in the dining room and even in the bathrooms.
- Add Lighter Fabrics- It's best to store away heavy accent pillows and throws that you had brought out or purchased for the winter months. Replace these with more bright-colored fun spring patterns and lighter, airy fabrics. This goes for elements such as furniture slipcovers, window treatments, and throw pillows, etc.
- Change Your Lighting Effects- In addition to the upholstery and window treatment changes that you make, you should also consider replacing lamps shades on floor lamps, table lamps as well as sconces, etc. Home improvement stores have lamp shades in various fun shades and hues and it isn’t difficult to find something that suits your style preferences and the décor of your home.If you are unable to find something suitable, you could consider custom options too.
- Paint Some Rooms- if your custom home OKC is new you might not really need to paint any of the areas., But if you feel that a particular room can benefit from the addition of a textured wall or an accent feature in different colors, you can try making that change.
- Update Accessories- In springtime and in summer, it's best to put away accessories and de-clutter the indoor areas as much as possible. Pare down your fireplace mantle and coffee table and clear most of the things from bookshelves and entertainment units. If you still like the idea of having various accessories in your OKC custom home, switch out the heavier accessories with light colored items.
If you want to know more about our custom homes in OKC, don’t hesitate to contact us at Crestone Ridge or give us a call at (405) 204-0678. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions.