Goal setting for 2020 in your new home
Most of us are very enthusiastic at the start of the New Year. We feel the need to do something different, and it’s why we make New Year resolutions and commitments. Some of the most common resolutions include being more productive at work, spending more time with family, making smarter financial choices, quitting smoking, losing weight, etc.
We set these personal, professional, and health goals and also start following them with great enthusiasm. But as the days progress, our resolve slackens, and we find ourselves getting back into our original patterns.
Why Do We Set Goals and Make Resolutions?
The start of a New Year seems like an excellent opportunity to make a fresh start. It’s why so many people tend to set sometimes excessively lofty resolutions at this time. While it’s true that this causes most people to commit to more than they can manage, these moments are also the best opportunities to overcome various struggles with determination and willpower.
The Best Way to Stick To Your Goals and Resolutions
- One of the best ways to ensure you don't go off track and lose sight of your personal, professional, or health resolutions is to be specific and set realistic goals.
- Make sure your goals are achievable. This approach will help to ensure that you will be able to achieve it over the year.
- Pick just one goal in every area of your life. If you spread yourself to thin among various objectives, you might not be able to achieve any of them. If you focus on only one behavior at one time, you are more likely to be successful in reaching that goal.
- Planning is another crucial aspect of goal-setting. So, for example, if you have decided to be more productive at work, you need to plan how you will do this. An increase in productivity won't happen just because you want it to. You will have to align all your schedules, weeks in advance, and do your best to follow them.
- It’s the same with health goals. If you have decided that you want to lose 15 pounds, be realistic and set smaller, weekly goals. It’s far easier to focus on losing two pounds per week, measuring your success, and moving onto the next rung of your goals' ladder.
- It's also essential to avoid repeating past failures. Do not make the same resolutions each year. If you have not been successful in achieving that same goal in the previous years, first evaluate your past results. Find out which strategies worked and which ones didn't; what were the reasons for your failure in reaching those goals? The exercise will help you change your approach and improve your chances of seeing real results this year.
We at Crestone Ridge would like to thank you for a successful 2019. It's the constant support that we get from our client base, staff, friends, and families that keeps us encouraged to do our best and improve in our endeavors with each passing year. We take this opportunity once again to wish you a great year ahead.
News & Articles
Planning for halloween in your new Oklahoma home
Halloween is a great time to get to know your new neighbors and celebrate in your new Oklahoma home. There are many…
New Home Trends in Oklahoma
Looking for the latest trends in home design in Oklahoma? You've come to the right place! Here we'll take a look at some of…
Welcoming your new neighbors
Welcome to the neighborhood! We're glad to have you here. Please make yourself at home and get to know your neighbors. We're…